About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year's Blog-olution

I have made one New Year's resolution and that is to be a better blogger. I was so terrible last year. Only 48 posts for the whole year- Yikes! My goal for 2010 is to do 8 posts a month. At first I thought I would do 10 but I don't think I can come up with that much material. So I think 8 posts per month is a good number. I do reserve the right to post less during May and June since I will be giving birth around that time. I think that I deserve a little break from blogging during that time. I still plan to post during those months, I'm just not sure that I will meet my goal of 8.

Yesterday was a pretty good day for me. Rob watched Rex while I went out to the arts and crafts store to get some scrapbooking supplies- always fun for me and just a little nicer when I can go alone. When I got there, I saw signs for 80% off all Christmas items. I have been wanting to get stocking holders for Rob and me but I don't want them bad enough to spend $30-$40 for them. Lucky me, I found two that are perfect and I paid less than $6 for the two of them! Rob gets the snowman one to go with his snowman stocking and I get the tree one to go with my Christmas tree stocking. I also got some spools of ribbon because I like to wrap presents with nice ribbons. However, I'm not going to pay $10 for only 25 feet of ribbon like they usually charge for the good stuff. Yay for after-Christmas sales!



Rob and I have been on a big Scrabble kick lately but last night, we decided to play Yahtzee instead. After getting my butt kicked twice, I won the third game. And when I say I won, I mean that I obliterated Rob. He says he won't ever play Yahtzee again because he has seen it all now. I managed to roll FOUR yahtzees that game and ended up with a score of 531. Here's my proof. I realize I could write down anything I want, but I swear that this is the truth.



Finally, Rob and I watched Miss Congeniality last night and Rob foolishly made a bet with me that Hugh Jackman was in it. He thought he was the dance instructor/pageant director guy. I knew there was no way that he was right and now Rob had to go out this morning to get me my special cinnamon toast bagel that I love for breakfast. It sure was good and I think Rob learned not to challenge me when it comes to Hugh Jackman knowledge.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Wagering a pregnant woman about Hugh with food being the prize? Oh brother...you didn't have a snowball's chance!

Anonymous said...

I'd never challenge you on any movie trivia....Love, The Nana

Cindy Lu said...

Hey Shelby Pantry Princess! :) ha ha!!! I'm enjoying reading your blog! :) Congrats on your baby on the way! :) Aloha!

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio