About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

First of all, a few pictures of the snow from yesterday. I may have fallen asleep on the couch last night rather early and didn't get a chance to do this last night like I had planned. Oops.

Just starting to snow outside my window at work:



Snowing a bit more while I was still at work:



What our house looked like when we got home:



And finally, what our backyard looked like last night (and actually still does this morning):



It ended up snowing quite a bit more yesterday than was expected. We got 1-2 inches here and they weren't even sure we would get any. And even more unexpected? It's snowing again this morning! Not too much, just enough to look really beautiful.

We're watching the parade this morning on tv and Rob had to run to the store this morning for a few more things. I went yesterday after work but forgot the bananas for the jello salad. I also did not buy cranberry sauce because I don't like it. Oops- turns out Rob does like it and wanted some. And since he left the bag of groceries he brought in for me yesterday sitting in the laundry room, we needed more milk, cool whip and lettuce to replace what I just bought yesterday. He thought I put them away and I thought he did and it turned out nobody did. I already made the jello salad this morning but that's it so far. I was planning on us eating around 1:00 or 2:00 but it seems our boneless turkey breast isn't quite thawed out yet. We need some more time, it is close to being thawed, so I think we'll be eating around dinnertime now, maybe 5:00 or 6:00. Our menu is:

Turkey
Gravy
Mashed Potatoes
Stuffing
Yams
Jello Salad
Green Bean Casserole
Cranberry Sauce
Crescent Rolls
Pumpkin Pie

More pictures and reviews later to let you all know how it turns out!
 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio