About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Friday, November 16, 2007

Fun with Google

I don’t know how many of you frequently use Google but I use their Gmail all the time, their maps feature is great and even Blogger is hooked up with it. They have a way to personalize the Google page on your computer and they call that iGoogle. (I would love to put in links to all these things but when I did, it went to my personal account and I'm afraid everyone could get into my email which I don't really want. I'm trusting you to find it on your own from the main www.Google.com page.) My favorite thing about iGoogle, and the thing I want to share with all of you, is their setting for “Themes”. It’s probably more of a girl thing because most of the cartoons are very cutesy and are things guys would not appreciate. They have several different "themes" (or scenes) you can select from and they just added about 5 more. I noticed it yesterday but perhaps they’ve had them for a while. There are scenes with people at a bus stop, a cityscape but the best are the ones with the little cartoon animals who do different activities throughout the day. I had it set on “Tea House” which had a little fox who would sleep in his sleeping bag, pick oranges, do laundry, fish on the pond, eat lunch and several other things. You also enter your zip code and it will mimic your weather as well as the sunrise and sunset. Maybe I’m a total geek for liking to see what the cartoons do throughout the day, but it does bring a smile to my face and I just thought I’d pass it on.

P.S.- You do have to sign up with them but then you get to personalize your Google page with all kinds of gadgets/widgets. I have brain teaser games, news, weather, recipes, and comics, among other things, that I get every day so it totally makes it worth it. I also highly recommend the Gmail and if you would like to have it, let me know so I can send you an invite.

1 comments:

Nanette said...

Thanks for the heads-up! :)

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio