About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving Review

I was a little nervous about doing all our own cooking for Thanksgiving, especially since we were going to prepare so many different things. Okay, we bought the pie but that was it. We cooked everything else. The item that was the scariest was definitely the turkey breast but we just followed the directions on the package and it came out great! Actually, everything did. We ate around 5:00 last night and had a wonderful meal. Maybe next year we'll be brave enough to invite people over to eat with us. Here are some photos.

Crescent rolls, stuffing, gravy, green bean casserole and sweet potatoes in an orange flavored sauce:


Jello salad, mashed potatoes (in the striped bowl), cranberry sauce and turkey:


Here's a photo of us at our little table- we have a much bigger and nicer one but we decided to eat here in the kitchen and enjoy our Thanksgiving dinner in our new kitchen and watch the snow just outside the window:

2 comments:

Nanette said...

That dinner looks great! I bet it was fun using your fabulous new kitchen!

Anonymous said...

The dinner is beautiful. Your kitchen is beautiful. You guys are beautiful. Glad you had a nice (snowy) Thanksgiving in your beautiful home. I love you both!....El Kabong

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio