About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Hulk Get Sleepy

I am the first to admit that my boys get a little wild sometimes but when it comes to bedtime and even nap time, they are the BEST.  Often times, they come up to us and tell us when they are ready to go to bed.  Usually it is Rex but sometimes Wyatt does it too.  It is so awesome.  Like tonight, it was about 8:30 p.m. and Wyatt told me, "Let's go bed" and Rex chimed right in, "Yeah- it's time to go bed now.  Let's go."  Well, okay I guess!  What kids do that??  We are really lucky and we know it.  So we washed them up and put them to bed as requested.  They don't always make it to bed though before they crash out.

Rex Asleep on Couch

That's Rex asleep on the couch.  That was late yesterday afternoon, after his scheduled rest time.  He doesn't have to take a nap anymore but he has to spend an hour in his room, playing quietly.  He usually reads his V-Reader or plays with his Mobigo.  He does pretty good though sometimes it is challenging and we have to keep battling the whole time about why he needs to stay in his room.  Anyhow, he probably should have taken the nap yesterday because this was no place to sleep.  A few minutes after I took that picture, little brother got up and immediately began harassing Rex until he woke up.

And while we are on the topic of sleeping and beds, Rex recently realized he is strong enough to move his around his room.  Wood floors + bed on felt pads = easily maneuvered bed.  So he pushed it over to the middle of his room.

Rex Moving His Bed

Sorry for the poor quality- this is another one of my terrible pictures from my phone.  (Side note- don't buy the Samsung Stratosphere.  It has been nothing but problems for me and nothing works good on it.)   I was wondering what he was up to and it didn't take too long to figure it out.

Turning on Light

With the bed right in the middle of the room, he could now pull the chains on the fan/light to operate it. Oh my.  He treated us to a very short light show before we got him down and put the room back together.  The kid is huge and strong like bull.  And way too smart.   We could be in for it with that guy.

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio