About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Photography Class

Last Sunday, I led my first photography class.  I should probably be in one myself, not leading one, but this was something even I could handle.  I'm sure I know more than my 4 year old son about taking a picture.  Here is what my student's photos typically look like-

DC2907

Not so good.  He just randomly snaps photos, usually while still moving and never, ever gets a decent picture of anything.  He has had the camera for at least a year and it is always the same blurry mess.  Nanette blogged last week about taking her daughter on a nature walk/photography session and I thought that was such a great idea.  I also realized the reason Rex always takes bad pictures is probably because I have never really spent any time with him to teach him how to take a good one.  Hmm, bad mommy.  It was time to to fix that so we bundled up and grabbed his camera and headed out.  It took a few seconds for him to find his first subject

DC2855

It was still a little blurry because he didn't stop long enough to snap the picture.  But we went over the basics and tried again.

DC2862

Much better.  We headed to a nearby park- apparently I haven't learned my lesson about parks and photography sessions (we took some family photos at a park in CA and Wyatt was a hot mess the whole time because he just wanted to play on the playground and wanted nothing to do with getting a picture taken).  So Rex got this one picture and then it was time to play.

DC2865

The playing didn't last too long though.  It had been raining earlier in the day so everything was wet and Rex jumped on the slide before I could stop him and this is what he looked like.

DC2872

Oops.  He played around a little more but we had to head back home pretty quick since it was cold out and his pants were soaked.  He got one more picture on the way home and it was his best yet.

DC2879

So thanks to Nanette for the inspiration because we had a great time on our little field trip/learning session!

1 comments:

Nanette said...

Great pics! Glad you had fun!

And if it makes you feel any better, I haven't given Em any pic pointers, but she has gotten much better the more practice she's had with the camera. :)

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio