About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The Belle of The Ball

Being a female registered voter with no party affiliation living in Iowa has certainly made me popular for the last month or two.  I can't even tell you how much mail I get, people knocking on the doors, emails, everything.  I have never registered with any party because I don't really feel like I agree with anyone enough.  Maybe someday I will, but this has worked for the last 17 years and I think I will keep it that way.  But that is enough about me and my views.  It is very interesting living in Iowa when it comes to politics, especially a presidential election.  With being a swing state and the first in the nation to caucus, politics are a big deal here.  We have had political ads on the tv for the last year and a half.  Let me tell you, that's a long time.  I heard on the news last night that the last ad is scheduled to run at 5:26 pm tonight.  It can't get here fast enough.  I do enjoy but I'm also ready for it to be over.  I like feeling like my vote actually matters.  When I lived in California, it always felt like voting was useless because you know all the electoral college votes would be for the democratic party.  It makes voting a lot more enjoyable when you feel like you are having a say in something.  I cast my vote early this morning on my way home from the gym.  It took about 25 minutes to get through there so not bad.  I won't tell who I voted for- not because I am ashamed or anything just because people get brave online and feel free to leave rude comments.  I hate talking politics with anyone, even my husband.  By the way, my degree is in Political Science so I do like the subject matter, I just don't want to talk about it with anyone.  Even grannies get crazy about their politics so I prefer to keep my mouth shut.



So get out there and vote everyone and no spitting!

1 comments:

Nanette said...

Brent and I were just talking about how overwhelmed your state must get between all the caucus and being a swing state. Wild!

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio