About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Snowball Jamboree

Last night was our town's Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony and festival in the downtown area so we made plans to go check it out.  Rob asked me what it was called and I told him, "The snowball jamboree or something.  I don't know."  I knew it started with snow but couldn't remember the rest- I think it is actually called Snow Magic Festival but I could still be wrong.  Anyhow,  I love that our boys are getting old enough to go out and do those kinds of things.  A lot of the shops and businesses had refreshments and activities as well as a trolley ride and kiddie train ride.  Rob had to work a little late so we missed the tree lighting ceremony which I realized wasn't so bad once we saw the tree.

Untitled

We passed by a tree with lights a few blocks away, in front of City Hall, when we were arriving and Rob wondered if that was the tree.  I told him no, that I thought the official Christmas Tree was on Main Street in a little plaza area.  Well, I was right- that's where we found that tree.  It was a little strange though because the one in front of City Hall was way bigger and we thought it was kind of puny.  I think the biggest thing that I'm having trouble with is why there are no decorations on it.  What's up with that?  Hmm.  But they had a sign and stage and microphone all set up in front of this tree so I'm sure that it was the one.  The tree may have been a disappointment but everything else was great, especially the kiddie train ride.

Untitled

Untitled

The trolley ride looked like fun too but with our late start, we were running out of time.  We stopped in at a few stores we'd never been in before and found one we will be returning to a lot, I'm sure- the fancy candy store.  Not one with like jellybeans or bottlecaps everywhere but like seriously good chocolates.  They also had gelato but it wasn't really the night to try that.  It looked delicious so we will have to try it another time.  It may have been a little strange to have all the Christmas stuff starting up before Thanksgiving, but with the weather here I understand why.  It wasn't bad at all out there and in another few weeks, it could be mighty cold.  I am so ready to get Thanksgiving over with so I can really start up with all the Christmas decorations and activities!

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio