About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Tasty Weekend

I can't think of much else we did this weekend besides eat.  Not me so much- thanks Weight Watchers- but the boys were grubbing all weekend.  I wasn't feeling well on Friday so Rob made dinner for himself and the boys that night which included sweet potato pie.  I did try a little of that and wow, it was so good!  Last night I made meatloaf and mashed potatoes.  Now I know that might not excite everyone, but we all love it so it was a good night for us.  Tonight Rob cooked up some Italian sausage and peppers and was pretty proud of himself.


He is going to make someone a nice little wife someday!  Rex had been asking me earlier today if we could make "muffins" and I finally figured out he wanted cupcakes, not muffins.  So it turned out my two boxes of cake mix were past their expiration date- not much of a cake maker around here, especially from a box.  I asked if we could make cookies since I wasn't feeling the from-scratch route and he was okay with that.  Then I remembered I had a couple of old bananas that we needed to make banana bread with so we finally settled on that and got to work on our banana bread after dinner.


Two Helpers

It turned out we had a guest helper.  I tried to get Wyatt into it too but it is a little hard to find things a wily 2 year old can do.  He was so excited with what he got to do though.  He kept telling me, "I helping!  I helping!" which was so adorable.  I kept getting him a chair to stand on but every time he would use the chair to get on the trash can and then stand or sit on it.  I thought it was so funny so I took a photo of that too.

Wyatt on His Perch

Speaking of taking photos, sorry for the poor quality of mine lately.  I was already missing a screw from my camera (my fault) and then on the trip to California, I lost another one at some point.  So the camera was literally falling apart and I had to hold the pieces together whenever I wanted to take a photo.  Thankfully that all happened towards the end of the trip at least.  I brought the pieces home in a ziploc sandwich bag and they are still there now.  Fixing cameras isn't on my list of things-I-do-well so I have been waiting for Rob to fix it for me.  Since I am blogging so much right now, I think I better ask him real nice to fix that for me sooner rather than later!

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio