About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Parent Teacher Conference Number 1

Yesterday was my first parent teacher conference. It is kind of a crazy thing for me to think about. I am a parent and I go to parent teacher conferences at my kid's school.  The teacher was still meeting with some other parents when I arrived but she had the kids make a little book with a page about each of them that we could read while we were waiting.  Rex's was great and was just so Rex that I had to get my phone out and take a little picture of it.

About Rex- From Preschool

Apparently he wanted to be a doctor that day.  He says that a lot but he comes up with all kinds of jobs from garbage truck driver to bank teller to fireman.  He does love to pretend he is a doctor though and work on all of us so I wouldn't be surprised at all if that is what he grows up to do.  Anyhow, Rex may have picked an actual job but some of the kids, not so much.  I wish I had more time to read them all because they were cracking me up.  There were some policemen, firemen, and astronauts in there too but the two funniest answers were a "fish" and a "green batman".  It makes me laugh again right now just typing it.  A fish and a green batman- kids are so funny!!

Rex's teacher said he is doing really well.  He plays good with all the kids, his writing is coming along, he knows all the letters and sounds great but we need to help him with the counting a little more.  She showed me lots of different things he has been working on with the letters, drawing and even how well he is using scissors.  The one thing everyone at the school (so she says) loves about him is how happy and friendly he is and how he is just so excited to be there everyday.  It is all very true- that kid loves people and loves to go to school.  It makes this mommy proud to hear how well her son is doing and it was just nice to have that time to hear all about his school experience and see what he has been working on the last few months and how much he has progressed.  Yay for the future Dr. Rex!

1 comments:

Nanette said...

Yay, Dr. Rex!

He really is the friendliest, most excited kiddo. I love it.

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio